Job outlook Food Service Supervisor near Canmore (AB)
Job opportunities for Food service supervisors (NOC 6311) are fair near Canmore (AB) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a food service supervisor.
Job opportunities near Canmore (AB)
The employment outlook will be fair for Food service supervisors (NOC 6311) in the Banff - Jasper - Rocky Mountain House region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
This tourism-related occupation is expected to remain in demand; benefiting from a Canadian loonie to US Dollar exchange rate that is favourable to U.S. visitors. There is increased seasonal demand within tourism-oriented communities such as Banff, Jasper, and the Mountain Parks region. Many employees in this occupation are itinerant due to the lack of affordable accommodations within this region. Some larger employers are offering subsidized staff accommodations to attract and retain employees over the long-term.
Here are some key facts about Food service supervisors in the Banff - Jasper - Rocky Mountain House region:
- Approximately 620 people work in this occupation.
- Food service supervisors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 95%
Job opportunities in Alberta
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Food service supervisors (NOC 6311) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: