Job prospects Food Service Supervisor near Lethbridge (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Food service supervisors near Lethbridge (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a food service supervisor.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2016-2018). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
The employment outlook will be fair for Food service supervisors (NOC 6311) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
This tourism-related occupation has been affected by weakness in the oil and gas sector. Apart from Banff, Jasper, and the Mountain Parks region, Alberta's hotel industry has been negatively impacted by the economic slowdown. Increases in international tourist traffic have only partially offset a slump in business travel. Additionally, tighter household budgets have reduced in-province vacation travel.
Here are some key facts about Food service supervisors in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region:
- Approximately 780 people work in this occupation.
- Food service supervisors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 91%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: