Job prospects Food Service Supervisor in Newfoundland and Labrador
Job opportunities for Food service supervisors (NOC 6311) are fair in Newfoundland and Labrador over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a food service supervisor.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Newfoundland and Labrador
The employment outlook will be fair for Food service supervisors (NOC 6311) in Newfoundland and Labrador for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Food service supervisors in the Newfoundland and Labrador region:
- Approximately 1,250 people work in this occupation.
- Food service supervisors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Food services and drinking places (NAICS 722): 89%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 77% compared to 84% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 23% compared to 16% for all occupations
- 61% of food service supervisors work all year, while 39% work only part of the year, compared to 56% and 44% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 32 weeks compared to 26 weeks for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Newfoundland and Labrador by economic region.
|Avalon Peninsula Region||Fair Fair|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||Limited Limited|
|South Coast–Burin Peninsula Region||Limited Limited|
|West Coast–Northern Peninsula–Labrador Region||Limited Limited|
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Food service supervisors (NOC 6311) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: