Job prospects Food Service Supervisor in Québec
Job opportunities for Food service supervisors (NOC 6311) are good in Québec over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a food service supervisor.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Québec
The employment outlook will be good for Food service supervisors (NOC 6311) in Québec for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions. Part of this growth is attributable to the recovery of losses suffered during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Food service supervisors in Québec:
- Approximately 11,850 people work in this occupation.
- Food service supervisors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Food services and drinking places (NAICS 722): 83%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 67% compared to 80% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 33% compared to 20% for all occupations
- 66% of food service supervisors work all year, while 34% work only part of the year, compared to 58% and 42% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 33 weeks compared to 33 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of food service supervisors are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Québec by economic region.
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||Good Good|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||Good Good|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||Good Good|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||Good Good|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||Good Good|
|Côte-Nord Region||Good Good|
|Estrie Region||Good Good|
|Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Lanaudière Region||Good Good|
|Laurentides Region||Good Good|
|Laval Region||Good Good|
|Mauricie Region||Good Good|
|Montréal Region||Good Good|
|Montérégie Region||Good Good|
|Nord-du-Québec Region||Good Good|
|Outaouais Region||Good Good|
|Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Food service supervisors (NOC 6311) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: