Job prospects Food Service Supervisor in the Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Food service supervisors in the Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region. These trends also apply to people working as a food service supervisor.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Food service supervisors (NOC 6311) in the Banff - Jasper - Rocky Mountain House region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
The heavily tourism-dependent economy of the Banff – Jasper – Rocky Mountain House region faced severe challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic, when international non-essential travel virtually ceased to exist. With the introduction of COVID-19 vaccines and the subsequent relaxation of border restrictions, the region’s tourism sector is poised to recover.
Here are some key facts about Food service supervisors in the Banff - Jasper - Rocky Mountain House region:
- Approximately 470 people work in this occupation.
- Food service supervisors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 93%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: