Job prospects Chief Buyer near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Retail and wholesale buyers" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be limited for Retail and wholesale buyers (NOC 6222) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Retail and wholesale buyers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 2,020 people work in this occupation.
- Retail and wholesale buyers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 53%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 18%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Retail and wholesale buyers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: