Job prospects Chief Buyer near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Retail and wholesale buyers" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be limited for Retail and wholesale buyers (NOC 62101) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Retail and wholesale buyers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 2,870 people work in this occupation.
- Retail and wholesale buyers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 57%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 17%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Retail and wholesale buyers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: