Job prospects Cook near Red Deer (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Cooks" near Red Deer (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Cooks (NOC 63200) in the Red Deer region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
The accommodation and food services industry had the highest job vacancy rate among industries in the province over the first half of 2023, indicating that there are employment opportunities going unfilled. That, coupled with moderate employment growth expected over through to 2025 contributes to the overall positive outlook for this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Cooks in the Red Deer region:
- Approximately 1,110 people worked in this occupation in May 2021.
- Cooks mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 66%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 19%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Cooks across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: