Job prospects Cook near Corner Brook (NL)
Explore current and future job prospects for Cooks near Corner Brook (NL). These trends also apply to people working as a cook.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be limited for Cooks (NOC 6322) in the West Coast - Northern Peninsula - Labrador region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
This occupation is characterized by a high degree of turnover and an abundance of qualified applicants looking for work. The employment prospects for cooks may vary substantially by community. Employment levels may be more seasonal in rural areas where restaurant activity can be more reliant on tourism.
Here are some key facts about Cooks in the West Coast - Northern Peninsula - Labrador region:
- Approximately 640 people work in this occupation.
- Cooks mainly work in the following sectors:
- Food services and drinking places (NAICS 722): 51%
- Accommodation services (NAICS 721): 17%
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 9%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: