Job outlook Cook near Stratford (ON)
Job opportunities for Cooks (NOC 6322) are good near Stratford (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a cook.
Job opportunities near Stratford (ON)
The employment outlook will be good for Cooks (NOC 6322) in the Stratford - Bruce Peninsula region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
This economic region is an important tourist destination which should support a fair amount of demand for cooks, particularly in the summer season when a number of different festivals take place.
Here are some key facts about Cooks in the Stratford - Bruce Peninsula region:
- Approximately 1,720 people work in this occupation.
- Cooks mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 76%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 14%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SURPLUS for Cooks (NOC 6322) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: