Job prospects Cook in the Saskatoon–Biggar Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Cooks in the Saskatoon–Biggar Region. These trends also apply to people working as a cook.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was poor over the past few years (2018-2020). There were more workers available than job openings.
The employment outlook will be fair for Cooks (NOC 6322) in the Saskatoon - Biggar region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Cooks in the Saskatoon - Biggar region:
- Approximately 2,330 people work in this occupation.
- Cooks mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 76%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 12%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: