Job prospects Ironworker in New Brunswick
Job opportunities for Ironworkers (NOC 7236) are fair in New Brunswick over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as an ironworker.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in New Brunswick
The employment outlook will be fair for Ironworkers (NOC 7236) in New Brunswick for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Ironworkers in the New Brunswick region:
- Approximately 700 people work in this occupation.
- Ironworkers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 64%
- Oil and gas extraction (NAICS 211): 8%
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 86% compared to 83% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 14% compared to 17% for all occupations
- 11% of ironworkers work all year, while 89% work only part of the year, compared to 60% and 40% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 31 weeks compared to 29 weeks for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in New Brunswick by economic region.
|Campbellton–Miramichi Region||Fair Fair|
|Edmundston–Woodstock Region||Fair Fair|
|Moncton–Richibucto Region||Fair Fair|
|Saint John–St. Stephen Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
- Date modified: