Job prospects Carpenter in the Kootenay Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Carpenters in the Kootenay Region. These trends also apply to people working as a carpenter.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very poor over the past few years (2018-2020). There were far more workers available than job openings.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Carpenters (NOC 7271) in the Kootenay region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Carpenters in the Kootenay region:
- Approximately 900 people work in this occupation.
- Carpenters mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 82%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: