Job prospects Bricklayer near Edmonton (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Bricklayers" near Edmonton (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be very limited for Bricklayers (NOC 7281) in the Edmonton region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Bricklayers in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 560 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Bricklayers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): more than 95%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Bricklayers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: