Job prospects Concrete Finisher near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Concrete finishers near Calgary (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a concrete finisher.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very poor over the past few years (2018-2020). There were far more workers available than job openings.
The employment outlook will be fair for Concrete finishers (NOC 7282) in the Calgary region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Concrete finishers in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 730 people work in this occupation.
- Concrete finishers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 95%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: