Job prospects Concrete Finisher near Saanich (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Concrete finishers near Saanich (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a concrete finisher.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Concrete finishers (NOC 7282) in the Vancouver Island and Coast region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Concrete finishers in the Vancouver Island and Coast region:
- Approximately 390 people work in this occupation.
- Concrete finishers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 93%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: