Job prospects Apprentice Industrial Painter And Decorator in Alberta
Job opportunities for Painters and decorators (except interior decorators) (NOC 7294) are fair in Alberta over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as an apprentice industrial painter and decorator.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be fair for Painters and decorators (except interior decorators) (NOC 7294) in Alberta for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Painters and decorators (except interior decorators) in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 6,350 people work in this occupation.
- Painters and decorators (except interior decorators) mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 91%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 79% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 21% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 39% of painters and decorators (except interior decorators) work all year, while 61% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 30 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 40% of painters and decorators (except interior decorators) are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Fair Fair|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Fair Fair|
|Calgary Region||Fair Fair|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Fair Fair|
|Edmonton Region||Fair Fair|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Fair Fair|
|Red Deer Region||Fair Fair|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Painters and decorators (except interior decorators) (NOC 7294) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: