Job prospects Hotel Front Desk Clerk near Lloydminster (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Hotel front desk clerks near Lloydminster (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a hotel front desk clerk.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Hotel front desk clerks (NOC 6525) in the Camrose - Drumheller region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
This tourism-related occupation has been affected by weakness in the oil and gas sector. Apart from Banff, Jasper, and the Mountain Parks region, Alberta's hotel industry has been negatively impacted by the economic slowdown. Increases in international tourist traffic have only partially offset a slump in business travel. Additionally, tighter household budgets have reduced in-province vacation travel.
Here are some key facts about Hotel front desk clerks in the Camrose - Drumheller region:
- Approximately 250 people work in this occupation.
- Hotel front desk clerks mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72):more than 95%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: