Job prospects Hotel Front Desk Clerk in Québec
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "hotel front desk clerk" was moved from the group Hotel front desk clerks (NOC 6525) to the group Hotel front desk clerks (NOC 64314).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as a "hotel front desk clerk" in Québec or Canada.
Job opportunities in Québec
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
The employment outlook will be moderate for Hotel front desk clerks (NOC 6525) in Quebec for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Hotel front desk clerks in Quebec:
- Approximately 4,650 people work in this occupation.
- Hotel front desk clerks mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation services (NAICS 721): more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 63% compared to 80% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 37% compared to 20% for all occupations
- 53% of hotel front desk clerks work all year, while 47% work only part of the year, compared to 57% and 42% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 31 weeks compared to 33 weeks for all occupations.
- less than 5% of hotel front desk clerks are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
- The gender distribution of people in this occupation is:
- Men: 38% compared to 52% for all occupations
- Women: 62% compared to 48% for all occupations
- The educational attainment of workers in this occupation is:
- no high school diploma: 8% compared to 12% for all occupations
- high school diploma or equivalent: 27% compared to 20% for all occupations
- apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma: 14% compared to 19% for all occupations
- college certificate or diploma or university certificate below bachelor's: 35% compared to 24% for all occupations
- bachelor's degree: 12% compared to 16% for all occupations
- university certificate, degree or diploma above bachelor level: less than 5% compared to 9% for all occupations
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Québec by economic region.
- Date modified: