Job prospects Hotel Front Desk Clerk in Saskatchewan
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "hotel front desk clerk" was moved from the group Hotel front desk clerks (NOC 6525) to the group Hotel front desk clerks (NOC 64314).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as a "hotel front desk clerk" in Saskatchewan or Canada.
Job opportunities in Saskatchewan
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
The employment outlook will be good for Hotel front desk clerks (NOC 6525) in Saskatchewan for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Hotel front desk clerks in Saskatchewan:
- Approximately 800 people work in this occupation.
- Hotel front desk clerks mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation services (NAICS 721): more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 70% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 30% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 47% of hotel front desk clerks work all year, while 53% work only part of the year, compared to 62% and 38% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 29 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- The gender distribution of people in this occupation is:
- Men: 28% compared to 53% for all occupations
- Women: 71% compared to 47% for all occupations
- The educational attainment of workers in this occupation is:
- no high school diploma: 7% compared to 14% for all occupations
- high school diploma or equivalent: 44% compared to 32% for all occupations
- apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma: 5% compared to 11% for all occupations
- college certificate or diploma or university certificate below bachelor's: 21% compared to 22% for all occupations
- bachelor's degree: 18% compared to 15% for all occupations
- university certificate, degree or diploma above bachelor level: less than 5% compared to 6% for all occupations
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Saskatchewan by economic region.
|Prince Albert Region|
|Regina–Moose Mountain Region|
|Swift Current–Moose Jaw Region|
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as a "hotel front desk clerk" Hotel front desk clerks (NOC 64314) or Canada.
- Date modified: