Job prospects Hotel Front Desk Clerk in the Cape Breton Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Hotel front desk clerks" in the Cape Breton Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Hotel front desk clerks (NOC 6525) in the Cape Breton region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Hotel front desk clerks in the Cape Breton region:
- Approximately 80 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Hotel front desk clerks mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation services (NAICS 721): more than 95%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Hotel front desk clerks across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: