Job prospects Snowmobile Operations Guide near Saanich (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Outdoor sport and recreational guides" near Saanich (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2019-2021), the labour market was balanced for Outdoor sport and recreational guides near Saanich (BC). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be limited for Outdoor sport and recreational guides (NOC 6532) in the Vancouver Island and Coast region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Outdoor sport and recreational guides in the Vancouver Island and Coast region:
- Approximately 370 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Outdoor sport and recreational guides mainly work in the following sectors:
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 43%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 21%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 13%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 8%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Outdoor sport and recreational guides across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: