Job prospects Restaurant Host/hostess near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Maîtres d'hôtel and hosts/hostesses near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a restaurant host/hostess.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Maîtres d'hôtel and hosts/hostesses (NOC 6511) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Maîtres d'hôtel and hosts/hostesses in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 6,600 people work in this occupation.
- Maîtres d'hôtel and hosts/hostesses mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 95%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: