Job outlook Food And Beverage Server near Whitehorse (YT)
Job opportunities for Food and beverage servers (NOC 6513) are fair near Whitehorse (YT) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a food and beverage server.
Job opportunities near Whitehorse (YT)
The employment outlook will be fair for Food and beverage servers (NOC 6513) in Yukon for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Food and beverage servers in the Yukon region:
- Approximately 200 people work in this occupation.
- Food and beverage servers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Tourism & Culture (NAICS 51, 71-72):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 43% compared to 82% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 57% compared to 18% for all occupations
- 43% of food and beverage servers work all year, while 57% work only part of the year, compared to 56% and 44% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 31 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
Job opportunities in Yukon
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Food and beverage servers (NOC 6513) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: