Job prospects Food And Beverage Server near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Food and beverage servers" near Calgary (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Food and beverage servers (NOC 65200) in the Calgary region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
The accommodation and food services industry had the highest job vacancy rate among industries in the province over the first half of 2023, indicating that there are employment opportunities going unfilled. That, coupled with moderate employment growth expected over through to 2025 contributes to the overall positive outlook for this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Food and beverage servers in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 7,560 people work in this occupation.
- Food and beverage servers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 88%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 9%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Food and beverage servers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: