Job prospects Food And Beverage Server near Grande Prairie (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Food and beverage servers near Grande Prairie (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a food and beverage server.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be limited for Food and beverage servers (NOC 6513) in the Athabasca - Grande Prairie - Peace River region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
This tourism-related occupation has been affected by weakness in the oil and gas sector. Apart from Banff, Jasper, and the Mountain Parks region, Alberta's hotel industry has been negatively impacted by the economic slowdown. Increases in international tourist traffic have only partially offset a slump in business travel. Additionally, tighter household budgets have reduced in-province vacation travel.
Here are some key facts about Food and beverage servers in the Athabasca - Grande Prairie - Peace River region:
- Approximately 1,410 people work in this occupation.
- Food and beverage servers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 93%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: