Job prospects Food And Beverage Server near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Food and beverage servers near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a food and beverage server.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Food and beverage servers (NOC 6513) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
The City of Toronto has the largest market for restaurant operations in the province given its large population and high number of visitors for recreation and business events, which support demand for food and beverage servers in this region.
Here are some key facts about Food and beverage servers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 33,350 people work in this occupation.
- Food and beverage servers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 94%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: