Job prospects Food And Beverage Server near Canmore (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Food and beverage servers" near Canmore (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Food and beverage servers (NOC 65200) in the Banff - Jasper - Rocky Mountain House region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
The Banff-Jasper-Rocky Mountain House economic region is heavily reliant on tourism. The region is likely to continue to be a top tourist destination, driving up the need to fill related occupations. Moreover, the region had the highest job vacancy rate among economic regions in the province over the first half of 2023, indicating that there are job postings that are going unfilled.
Here are some key facts about Food and beverage servers in the Banff - Jasper - Rocky Mountain House region:
- Approximately 1,600 people worked in this occupation in May 2021.
- Food and beverage servers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 93%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 7%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Food and beverage servers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: