Job prospects Insurance Underwriter in Alberta
Job opportunities for Insurance underwriters (NOC 1313) are fair in Alberta over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an insurance underwriter.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be fair for Insurance underwriters (NOC 1313) in Alberta for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Insurance underwriters in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 1,550 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Insurance underwriters mainly work in the following sectors:
- Insurance Carriers and related activities (NAICS 524, 526):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 73% of insurance underwriters work all year, while 27% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 35 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of insurance underwriters are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Calgary Region||Fair Fair|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Edmonton Region||Fair Fair|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Red Deer Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
- Date modified: