Job prospects Insurance Underwriter in Québec
Job opportunities for Insurance underwriters (NOC 1313) are fair in Québec over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an insurance underwriter.
Job opportunities in Québec
The employment outlook will be fair for Insurance underwriters (NOC 1313) in Québec for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Insurance underwriters in Québec:
- Approximately 2,200 people work in this occupation.
- Insurance underwriters mainly work in the following sectors:
- Finance, insurance, real estate and leasing (NAICS 52, 53):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 94% compared to 80% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 6% compared to 20% for all occupations
- 68% of insurance underwriters work all year, while 32% work only part of the year, compared to 58% and 42% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 38 weeks compared to 33 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of insurance underwriters are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Québec by economic region.
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||Fair Fair|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Côte-Nord Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Estrie Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Lanaudière Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Laurentides Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Laval Region||Fair Fair|
|Mauricie Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Montréal Region||Fair Fair|
|Montérégie Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Nord-du-Québec Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Outaouais Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
- Date modified: