Job prospects Aircraft Maintenance Service Supervisor near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades" near Toronto (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2019-2021), the labour market was balanced for Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades near Toronto (ON). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be very good for Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades (NOC 7301) in the Toronto region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 8,840 people work in this occupation.
- Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 48%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 13%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 13%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 5%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: