Job prospects Independent Practice - Registered Nurse near Trois-Rivières (QC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses near Trois-Rivières (QC). These trends also apply to people working as an independent practice - registered nurse.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012) in the Mauricie region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Recent graduates from fields of study related to this occupation have found it easy to find work.
A college diploma in nursing or a university degree in nursing, and a license from the Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec are required to practice in this profession in Quebec. Since health network managers prefer to hire a more versatile workforce, graduate nurses are in great demand. Their proportion has increased within the workforce. In fact, university training in nursing is increasingly required, mainly in CLSCs and family medicine groups. Autonomy, the ability to work as part of a team, listening skills and empathy are the most often required skills.
Employment growth in this occupation will depend on growing health care needs, particularly those related to population aging, as well as on health-related government priorities. As needs are increasing, the employment outlook remains excellent and will foster the hiring of these professionals over the next few years.
Here are some key facts about Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses in the Mauricie region:
- Approximately 2,090 people work in this occupation.
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 82%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 11%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: