Job prospects Independent Practice - Registered Nurse in Nunavut
Job opportunities for Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012) are good in Nunavut over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as an independent practice - registered nurse.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Nunavut
The employment outlook will be good for Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012) in Nunavut for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Approximately 200 people work in this occupation.
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses mainly work in the following sectors:
- Health care and social services (NAICS 62):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 71% of registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses work all year, while 29% work only part of the year, compared to 58% and 42% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 35 weeks compared to 24 weeks for all occupations.
Demand for this occupation is expected to remain high throughout the forecast period and some jobs are expected to remain unfilled. In the first quarter of 2021, nearly one out of five unfilled jobs in Canada was in the health-care and social assistance sector (Labour Force Survey 2021).
Here are some key facts about Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses in the Nunavut region:
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
We expect that there will be a labour SHORTAGE for Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: