Job prospects Independent Practice - Registered Nurse in the Muskoka–Kawarthas Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses in the Muskoka–Kawarthas Region. These trends also apply to people working as an independent practice - registered nurse.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2018-2020). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012) in the Muskoka - Kawarthas region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses in the Muskoka - Kawarthas region:
- Approximately 2,740 people work in this occupation.
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 83%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 10%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: