Job prospects Tool And Die Maker near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Tool and die makers" near Toronto (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be very good for Tool and die makers (NOC 7232) in the Toronto region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Tool and die makers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 2,890 people work in this occupation.
- Tool and die makers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Motor vehicle, body, trailer and parts manufacturing (NAICS 3361-3363): 34%
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 22%
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 11%
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (NAICS 339): 7%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: