Job prospects Supervisor, Furniture And Fixture Manufacturing near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Supervisors, furniture and fixtures manufacturing" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2019-2021), the labour market was balanced for Supervisors, furniture and fixtures manufacturing near Vancouver (BC). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Supervisors, furniture and fixtures manufacturing (NOC 9224) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Supervisors, furniture and fixtures manufacturing in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 150 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Supervisors, furniture and fixtures manufacturing mainly work in the following sectors:
- Furniture and related product manufacturing (NAICS 337): 75%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 13%
- Wood product manufacturing (NAICS 321): 6%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Supervisors, furniture and fixtures manufacturing across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: