Job prospects Refrigeration And Air Conditioning Mechanic near Toronto (ON)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "refrigeration and air conditioning mechanic" was moved from the group Heating, refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics (NOC 7313) to the group Heating, refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics (NOC 72402).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Heating, refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics" near Toronto (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Heating, refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics (NOC 7313) in the Toronto region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Heating, refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 8,510 people work in this occupation.
- Heating, refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 77%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: