Job prospects Autobody Repairer near Longueuil (QC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Motor vehicle body repairers near Longueuil (QC). These trends also apply to people working as an autobody repairer.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were far more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Motor vehicle body repairers (NOC 7322) in the Montérégie region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions. Part of this growth is attributable to the recovery of losses suffered during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Motor vehicle body repairers in the Montérégie region:
- Approximately 1,720 people work in this occupation.
- Motor vehicle body repairers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 71%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 13%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 8%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: