Job prospects Autobody Repairer near Hamilton (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Motor vehicle body repairers near Hamilton (ON). These trends also apply to people working as an autobody repairer.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2018-2020). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Motor vehicle body repairers (NOC 7322) in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Motor vehicle body repairers in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region:
- Approximately 970 people work in this occupation.
- Motor vehicle body repairers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 80%
- Motor vehicle, body, trailer and parts manufacturing (NAICS 3361-3363): 7%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: