Job prospects Auto Body Repairer near Hamilton (ON)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "auto body repairer" was moved from the group Motor vehicle body repairers (NOC 7322) to the group Auto body collision, refinishing and glass technicians and damage repair estimators (NOC 72411).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Motor vehicle body repairers" near Hamilton (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Motor vehicle body repairers (NOC 7322) in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Motor vehicle body repairers in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region:
- Approximately 1,100 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Motor vehicle body repairers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 78%
- Motor vehicle, body, trailer and parts manufacturing (NAICS 3361-3363): 9%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 5%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: