Job prospects Autobody Repairer in Alberta
Job opportunities for Motor vehicle body repairers (NOC 7322) are fair in Alberta over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an autobody repairer.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be fair for Motor vehicle body repairers (NOC 7322) in Alberta for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Motor vehicle body repairers in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 4,350 people work in this occupation.
- Motor vehicle body repairers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Repair and maintenance (NAICS 811): 81%
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 8%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 94% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 6% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 72% of motor vehicle body repairers work all year, while 28% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 36 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 14% of motor vehicle body repairers are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Fair Fair|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Fair Fair|
|Calgary Region||Fair Fair|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Fair Fair|
|Edmonton Region||Fair Fair|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Fair Fair|
|Red Deer Region||Fair Fair|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Motor vehicle body repairers (NOC 7322) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: