Job prospects Autobody Repairer in British Columbia
Job opportunities for Motor vehicle body repairers (NOC 7322) are fair in British Columbia over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an autobody repairer.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
Job opportunities in British Columbia
The employment outlook will be fair for Motor vehicle body repairers (NOC 7322) in British Columbia for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Motor vehicle body repairers in the British Columbia region:
- Approximately 3,750 people work in this occupation.
- Motor vehicle body repairers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Repair and maintenance (NAICS 811): 84%
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 7%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 93% compared to 77% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 7% compared to 23% for all occupations
- 70% of motor vehicle body repairers work all year, while 30% work only part of the year, compared to 57% and 43% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 35 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 16% of motor vehicle body repairers are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in British Columbia by economic region.
|Cariboo Region||Limited Limited|
|Kootenay Region||Fair Fair|
|Lower Mainland–Southwest Region||Fair Fair|
|Nechako Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Coast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Northeast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Thompson–Okanagan Region||Fair Fair|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Motor vehicle body repairers (NOC 7322) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: