Job prospects Autobody Repairer in Québec
Job opportunities for Motor vehicle body repairers (NOC 7322) are fair in Québec over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as an autobody repairer.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Québec
The employment outlook will be fair for Motor vehicle body repairers (NOC 7322) in Québec for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Motor vehicle body repairers in Québec:
- Approximately 8,050 people work in this occupation.
- Motor vehicle body repairers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Repair and maintenance (NAICS 811): 78%
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 11%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 93% compared to 80% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 7% compared to 20% for all occupations
- 69% of motor vehicle body repairers work all year, while 31% work only part of the year, compared to 58% and 42% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 34 weeks compared to 33 weeks for all occupations.
- 23% of motor vehicle body repairers are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Québec by economic region.
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||Fair Fair|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||Fair Fair|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||Fair Fair|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||Fair Fair|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||Fair Fair|
|Côte-Nord Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Estrie Region||Fair Fair|
|Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||Fair Fair|
|Lanaudière Region||Fair Fair|
|Laurentides Region||Fair Fair|
|Laval Region||Fair Fair|
|Mauricie Region||Fair Fair|
|Montréal Region||Fair Fair|
|Montérégie Region||Fair Fair|
|Nord-du-Québec Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Outaouais Region||Fair Fair|
|Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Motor vehicle body repairers (NOC 7322) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: