Job prospects Electrical Mechanic near Drummondville (QC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Electrical mechanics near Drummondville (QC). These trends also apply to people working as an electrical mechanic.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Electrical mechanics (NOC 7333) in the Centre-du-Québec region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Electrical mechanics in the Centre-du-Québec region:
- Approximately 560 people work in this occupation.
- Electrical mechanics mainly work in the following sectors:
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 16%
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 16%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 9%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 8%
- Printing and related support activities (NAICS 323): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: