Job prospects Crane Operator near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Crane operators near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a crane operator.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2018-2020). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Crane operators (NOC 7371) in the Toronto region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Crane operators in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 1,470 people work in this occupation.
- Crane operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 49%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 13%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 7%
- Primary metal manufacturing (NAICS 331): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: