Job prospects Technical Director - Motion Pictures, Broadcasting And Performing Arts near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Producers, directors, choreographers and related occupations near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a technical director - motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2018-2020). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Producers, directors, choreographers and related occupations (NOC 5131) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Producers, directors, choreographers and related occupations in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 5,410 people work in this occupation.
- Producers, directors, choreographers and related occupations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 83%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: