Job prospects Installer, Radiators - Automotive Service in Québec
Job opportunities for Other automotive mechanical installers and servicers (NOC 7535) are fair in Québec over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as an installer, radiators - automotive service.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Québec
The employment outlook will be fair for Other automotive mechanical installers and servicers (NOC 7535) in Québec for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Other automotive mechanical installers and servicers in Québec:
- Approximately 2,850 people work in this occupation.
- Other automotive mechanical installers and servicers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Repair and maintenance (NAICS 811): 38%
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 34%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 81% compared to 80% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 19% compared to 20% for all occupations
- 50% of other automotive mechanical installers and servicers work all year, while 50% work only part of the year, compared to 58% and 42% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 27 weeks compared to 33 weeks for all occupations.
- 7% of other automotive mechanical installers and servicers are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Québec by economic region.
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||Fair Fair|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||Fair Fair|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||Good Good|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||Fair Fair|
|Côte-Nord Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Estrie Region||Fair Fair|
|Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||Fair Fair|
|Lanaudière Region||Fair Fair|
|Laurentides Region||Fair Fair|
|Laval Region||Fair Fair|
|Mauricie Region||Fair Fair|
|Montréal Region||Fair Fair|
|Montérégie Region||Good Good|
|Nord-du-Québec Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Outaouais Region||Good Good|
|Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Other automotive mechanical installers and servicers (NOC 7535) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: