Job prospects Construction Labourer And Helper near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Construction trades helpers and labourers near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a construction labourer and helper.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2018-2020). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Construction trades helpers and labourers (NOC 7611) in the Toronto region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Construction trades helpers and labourers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 19,100 people work in this occupation.
- Construction trades helpers and labourers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 88%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: