Job prospects Construction Labourer And Helper near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Construction trades helpers and labourers near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a construction labourer and helper.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Construction trades helpers and labourers (NOC 7611) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Construction trades helpers and labourers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 12,070 people work in this occupation.
- Construction trades helpers and labourers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 85%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: