Job prospects Construction Labourer And Helper in the Vancouver Island and Coast Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Construction trades helpers and labourers in the Vancouver Island and Coast Region. These trends also apply to people working as a construction labourer and helper.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very poor over the past few years (2018-2020). There were far more workers available than job openings.
The employment outlook will be fair for Construction trades helpers and labourers (NOC 7611) in the Vancouver Island and Coast region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Construction trades helpers and labourers in the Vancouver Island and Coast region:
- Approximately 2,250 people work in this occupation.
- Construction trades helpers and labourers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 85%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: